On September 12th, Apple’s new ‘spaceship’ headquarters are gonna be open for the debut of iPhone 8. It will be the day when Apple is celebrating the 10–year-anniversary of the first iPhone.
So far we know that:
- they are working on a new lightning cable which will enable faster charging
- the fingerprint reader may be moved to the back of the phone
- a new ARKit has been announced for iOS 11, so iPhone’s design will probably include AR
- a 3D depth-sensing camera for selfies
- facial recognition could be introduced
- dual lenses could be stacked vertically on the Plus model
- physical home button could be replaced by an on-screen button
- the high-end model could have new OLED screen which would allow deeper black colours and better battery life
- the new iPhone could have an all-glass shell
- wireless charging could be one of the many new features
- headphone jack could be excluded, just like with the iPhone 7
The only thing left is to wait for the big reveal on the 12th September.
- Ten Tech News Stories You Should Know About
- Banks And Fintech Startups Are Changing Finance
- How Are The World’s Smartest Cities Built?