Whether you’re looking for a qualification to validate your existing experience in the field, or you’re starting out in a CX role and want to attend a course to help establish your career, the Applied Customer Experience Course could be perfect for you.
“My expectations were met and surpassed on this course. It is collaborative and very applicable,” says Laura, Applied Customer Experience participant, 2018.
The way we’ll learn
The Applied Customer Experience course provides participants with three core ways to learn.
- Robust theory: We’ll debate relevant theories in neuroscience, behavioural science, psychology, and business strategy through interactive seminars and workshops, to ensure you have the knowledge to make effective decisions.
- Guest speakers: Senior CX practitioners and authors share their experiences each week, reinforcing the course curriculum with practical examples.
- Learning resources: Each week participants are invited to complete topic pre-reading and follow up materials are available to everyone who wants to learn even more. Two core books are also provided.
The topics we’ll cover
We cover the following eight topics on the Applied Customer Experience course:
- Psychology in Customer Experience
- Culture and leadership
- Emotional intelligence and Customer Experience
- Compelling business cases
- Meaningful customer journey mapping
- Plotting your own map
- Effective Voice of the Customer programmes
- Self-awareness in Customer Experience
- Employee engagement (and organisational structures)
- Actionable measurement of Customer Experience
The Guest Speakers
The following speakers will be among those sharing their experiences and giving participants some invaluable CX advice throughout the course:
- Tony Berry, Visitor Experience Director, National Trust,
- Nicola Langley, Customer Experience Development, Volvo
- Sam Johnson, Head of Customer Experience, Engie
- Adrian Swinscoe, author of Punk CX and How To Wow
- Richard Chattaway, Vice President of BVA Nudge Unit (behavioural science)
Upon successful completion of the end-of-term assessment, you will be accredited with the Pearson Business School Professional Certificate. Pearson Business School is a part of Pearson, the global learning and FTSE 100 company, giving this certificate both academic and commercial credibility.
Your course facilitator
The Applied Customer Experience course was founded and is facilitated by Sandra Thompson. In 2019, Sandra published her first academic paper on Emotional Intelligence and Customer Experience. She is also the owner of a CX agency founded in 2010 called Exceed all Expectations, having worked on CX projects with brands such as Vodafone, Arsenal Football Club, and Waitrose.
Where: Pearson Business School, Holborn, London
When: September 25
Duration: 10 weeks (Wednesday evenings)
Places on the course are limited and an Early Bird rate is available. For further information just get in touch.
Find out more: https://www.pearsoncollegelondon.ac.uk/cx
Let’s talk: 0203 441 1303
Try before you buy?
Join our next webinar on Psychological Safety in Customer Experience on August 13 to hear about the power of psychological contracts and how to test psychological safety within your business. We’ll be joined by a CX practitioner and a Chartered Psychologist.